While the app portion of Cash App is a majority of the fintech platform, it isn’t everything. Cash App also has a website users can visit, Cash.app.
The website provides more information than the app does about a variety of features. Cash App has a support phone number you can call as well.
If you want to check your Cash App card balance without the app, you have two options: you can check your balance by logging into Cash.app or you can check it by calling Cash App’s support hotline at 1 (800) 969-1940.
While most users would probably just use the app to check their Cash App card balance, sometimes it isn’t an option. A user may not have their phone on them and may need to check their balance in a hurry.
How to Check Cash App Card Balance by Logging into Cash.App (Online)
Cash App is more than its app. Square, Cash App’s parent company, also hosts a website filled with helpful information for their users. It’s called “Cash.app” (a great name) and users of the app version of the transfer platform can log in using the same information that gets them into the app.
If you can’t access Cash App’s app but need to check your balance, consider logging into the website. You can access it by computer or by your mobile device, so long as you have a stable and secure internet connection.
If you need some help logging into Cash App’s website, let me break it down for you step by step:
- Open your computer or mobile device: Start by opening up whatever device you want to use to access the website. You can use your phone, tablet, or computer to head into Cash.app.
- Go to Cash.app: Open your device’s web browser page and type in “Cash.app” into the search bar. It should bring the website up automatically, but if it doesn’t you’ll be able to find it within the first couple of search results.
- Click “Log In”: Once you’ve found Cash App’s website, find the login button. It should be in the upper right hand corner of the website.
- Log in: Most people don’t have their password enabled on Cash App, but you’ll have to have it ready to log into the website. You’ll need either your email or phone number, plus the password you made when you created your account.
- Head to “Settings”: Once you’ve logged into your account on Cash.App, you’ll be brought to a screen showing all of your recent transactions. On the left hand side of the screen is another area where Cash.app has more options for you to interface with the website. Click on settings if you want to see your balance.
- Scroll down to see your funds: Towards the bottom of the settings page is another section for your funds. Cash.app will display the amount you currently have in Cash App plus your connected accounts.
Once you’re done checking out your balance on the website be sure to log out. I’d never recommend using a public computer to check out your finances but if you do, logging out is especially important!
Also, never check this information on public wifi. You never know who might hack into the wifi and steal your login and password.
How to Check Cash App Card Balance Without the App by Calling the Support Line
Cash App has a great support chat line you can use from the app. I’ve used them to verify information in several articles I’ve written for topmobilebanks.com, and I’d recommend using them through the app if you ever have questions or concerns about your Cash App account.
However, this article is for people trying to check their Cash App balance without using the app. So, entirely app-free, here’s another way of checking your balance: the support line.
While Cash App certainly has their support line, they also have a phone number you can call if you ever need to. The phone number you can call is 1 (800) 969-1940 and they’re available from Monday to Friday, from 9am to 7pm EST.
They’re not available 24/7, which isn’t ideal, but that’s not really what they were built for. The support phone line is usually for more complex issues, like getting locked out of your account or missing money you expected to receive.
If you really need to though, the support line will be able to check your Cash App balance and tell you what it is. They won’t tell you without some very important information though.
To make sure not just anybody is checking your Cash App balance, the support number will ask you a couple of questions related to your account to verify you are who you say you are.
They may ask for your full legal name, the last four of your social security number, the phone number you have associated with Cash App, and the email you have with them as well.
When I used to work for Chase Bank, customers would call in frequently trying to check their balance. We had to ask similar questions as Cash App, hoping to verify our customers.
I only mention this because when I worked at Chase, if someone failed to answer two questions or answered them incorrectly, we wouldn’t be able to help them. Keep this in mind before you call Cash App, they may have the same or a similar policy.
Can You Check Your Cash App Card’s Balance at an ATM?
When I was writing this article, coming up with ways to check your Cash App card balance without using the app, I figured you could check at any ATM.
Cash App boasts a large network of ATMs across America, giving their customers plenty of options in their pursuit of finding an easy way to get paper cash.
Unfortunately, Cash App doesn’t allow their customers to check their balances at ATMs. It may be a feature they’ll integrate in the future, but as of the time of writing if you want to check your Cash App card balance without using the ATM your only options are the website and hotline.
Can I Text Cash App to Check My Cash App Card Balance?
A lot of banks and fintech companies use text messaging as a way to communicate with their customers. Chase Bank uses 242-73 as a means of letting their customers check their balance through text while also notifying them of transactions if they so choose.
While Cash App may text their customers from time to time, usually to verify a login attempt, they don’t have any number you can text to check your balance.
More Useful Articles About Banking With Cash App
- How to Use and Pay With Cash App Without a Card in 2023
- 4 Steps to Mobile Deposit a Paper Check on Cash App in 2023
- How to Receive Money On Cash App Without a Card (Solution)
- 4 Ways to Put Money on Cash App Card (Gift Cards Don’t Work)
- Cash App Overdraft: Borrow Feature & Other Solutions (2023)
- Cash App Card Top Up Made Easy at 7-Eleven Stores (2023)