Cash App, the ever popular fintech company, makes it as easy as it can be to send and receive funds to and from your friends. If you haven’t added them into your Cash App favorite’s list yet, finding them on Cash App through their username is a breeze.
To find someone on Cash App by their username, begin by logging into Cash App. From there, Click on the magnifying glass in the bottom row, representing the search bar. Finally, use the search bar at the top of the page to look for someone on Cash App by their username.
Users on Cash App have three different ways to find their friends, depending on how your friends set up their accounts. You can find someone on Cash App through their email, phone number, or unique $Cashtag.
Cash App users choose the email and phone number they want associated with their account, usually just using their own if someone else isn’t using it already.
$Cashtags work a little differently. They’re unique to everyone on the app, and no two users can share the same $Cashtag.
Thankfully, Cash App uses these three means of finding someone on their platform to make the process as easy as an be to find another user on their app. If you’re looking for a little more detail, I’ll break it down below.
How to Find Someone on Cash App by Using the Search Bar
Like I mentioned before, Cash App couldn’t make it any easier to find someone on their app. That’s why if you get money from someone by accident on Cash App, you should always be suspicious. Cash App makes it too hard to send money accidentally.
If you’re looking to pay a friend or add a family member to your favorite’s list so you can keep them close on Cash App, the process is easy to follow. Let me break it down in a few short steps:
- Open Cash App: As always, we start by getting into Cash App itself. Find wherever the app is on your phone, or use your phone’s search bar, and open the app.
- Click on the magnifying glass: Cash App has a bottom row with five different icons, each representing another section of the app. Click on the fourth one, the magnifying glass representing the search bar, to move forward.
- Search people or businesses: Click the search bar at the top of the page to begin your search. If you’re trying to pay a small business that uses Cash App, they may have their unique $cashtag on display at the register. Enter it into the search bar to find them.
- (Or) Scroll to the bottom: When you first log into Cash App and try to search for someone, the app will ask you if they can have permission to access your contacts. Cash App does this to try and make payments a little faster, if they have access to your contacts they can see which of them are currently on the app, using the same phone number for their Cash App account. If you scroll down to the bottom of the search page, you’ll see your contacts available to transact with. Click on them to save yourself a search.
Let me delve a little deeper into Cash App’s favorites lists, the app’s way of helping you keep your favorite contacts close.
If you want, you can choose some of the people you transact with the most — or the least, it’s up to you — to put in your favorite’s list. It’s a group of people that will pop-up first on your app.
I’ve added my girlfriend to my favorite’s list, so she pops-up right under the search bar. I don’t use Cash App a ton, but if I did I would add all of the people I conduct a lot of transfers with to make finding them fast.
Can Someone Find Out Who I Am on Cash App?
“Can someone find out who I am on Cash App” is a question I see asked all over the internet. A lot of people like using Cash App because of the low requirements. While other transfer apps and banks require your full information to use their service, Cash App doesn’t.
When you first create an account on Cash App, you have the option to give them as little information as you’d like. They have lower limits if you haven’t given all of your information, but you can still send and receive hundreds of dollars a week.
Other users on Cash App will be able to see part of the information you gave the app. They’ll be able to see your $cashtag, your full name (if you included it), and your phone number if you have their contact information.
They’ll only be able to see your phone number if you have that person’s phone number in your contacts already. Cash App won’t give out your email either, the only people who will be able to use it are people who already know your email.
Lastly, Cash App will display your profile picture if you choose to use one. I’d recommend using one if you want to get found; it makes the process a lot easier when you recognize the person you’re paying or getting paid from.
Can You Hide Your Name on Cash App?
A lot of people like to use their transfer apps anonymously. They don’t want other people knowing their business, like how much they send other people or vice versa.
If you want to maintain your privacy on Cash App, you can. While the app needs your full legal name and last four digits of your social security number to verify you, nobody else does.
You can use anything you want for your $cashtag as well, so long as you’re not pretending to be someone else.
The same goes for your display name on the app. I have my regular, boring name on Cash App displayed to the world. But if I wanted to change my display name, I could do it easily.
If you want to change your display name, all you have to do is click on your profile in the upper right hand corner of the home screen on Cash App.
That will take you to the “Your Account” section of the app. From there, click “Edit Profile”. Editing your profile will give you the ability to preview your profile too, or see it as other users would see it.
My profile shows the profile picture I uploaded, my $cashtag I made to reflect my profile, my full name, and a bio. Cash App will let you change any of these right from this screen! All you have to do is click on whatever you want to change and you can.
If you don’t want to use your real, legal name on the app, click on full name and change it to something you’d rather have displayed. The $cashtag works the same way, so long as you don’t choose something offensive or deceitful Cash App will have no problem granting you some anonymity on their ever-popular app.
Does Cash App Show Your Email?
While Cash App will show the name you gave them in your profile, they will never show your email or phone number.
Did You Find This Article Useful?
I have more articles for you about banking with Cash App:
- 4 Ways to Put Money on Cash App Card (Gift Cards Don’t Work)
- Don’t Fall for It: The Top 13 Cash App Scams
- Paying Bills With Cash App (How To Guide)
- Using Cash App On Amazon (Quick Answers)
- 7 Quick and Easy Solutions to Fix Failed Cash App Transfers
- Can You Use Cash App Card at ATM (6 Things to Know)