Cash App users have many questions regarding this popular financial app. Today, we’re answering the dilemma if you can add money to your Cash Card at an ATM. Here’s the short answer.
Most digital banks don’t have many functionalities at the ATM and Cash App isn’t any different. There’s no direct way to add money to your Cash Card via an ATM. You can however deposit money at one of many retailers such as Walmart.
Now that we’ve cleared the dilemma, let’s find out what solutions we have for adding money to the Cash App and the Cash Card.
- Transferring from a linked bank account
- Depositing cash at select retail stores
- Depositing cash to a linked bank account at an ATM and transferring money to Cash Card
- Depositing a check via Cash App
How to Add Money to Cash App
The most straightforward way of adding money to your Cash App, and one that doesn’t involve you getting off the couch is to add money to your balance from another bank account that you have.
To add cash to your Cash App:
- Tap the Banking tab in your Cash App
- Tap Add Cash
- Selecta an amount
- Tap Add
- Use Touch ID or type in your PIN
To add cash to your Cash App and Card, you need to have a linked bank account already. If you didn’t set it u yet, here’s how to do it.
Add a bank to your Cash App by:
- Tapping the Profile Icon in your Cash App
- Choose Linked Banks
- Tap Link Bank
- Follow the prompts
If, for whatever reason, you want to modify a linked bank account, do so by:
- Tapping the Profile Icon in the Cash App
- Choose Linked Banks
- Select the bank account to replace or remove
- Tap on Remove Bank or Replace Bank
- Follow the prompts
How to Put Money On Cash App Card at ATM
This is a workaround as you won’t be putting money directly into your Cash Card because that’s, as we already know, impossible.
You can, however, deposit paper money into another bank account that does support cash deposits at ATMs and then simply transfer the money via the app between your accounts.
How to Deposit Paper Money to Cash App and Card
Although Cash App doesn’t allow cash deposits at ATMs yet, you can deposit cash into your Cash App at numerous retailers.
Cash Deposits are currently supported at:
- Walmart (Customer Service Desk/ Money Centers)
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
To find your nearest location:
- Select the Banking tab in Cash App
- Select Paper Money
- Use the search bar to enter an address or find a location near you via GPS
Cash Deposit Limits
With Paper Money (Cash) deposits, you can deposit:
- up to $1,000 per rolling 7 days, or
- $4,000 per rolling 30 days
- Transactions must be a min of $5 and shouldn’t surpass $500 per deposit
At the retail store, simply inform the sales assistant that you wish to add funds to your Cash App with a barcode. If they seem to be unsure about how to proceed, simply show them the instructions by tapping the “?” on your map.
When the cashier scans the Cash App barcode, give them the money and the funds will automatically be transferred to your Cash App balance. Keep a copy of your receipt just in case.
Sometimes, the cashier will insist on swiping or inserting your Cash Card to do the deposit. However, you should inform them that they should scan the App’s barcode instead.
How to Deposit Checks on Cash App
Depositing checks via the Cash App is uncomplicated and comprises of following actions:
- Tap on your balance in Cash App
- Scroll down and tap on the to deposit a check option
- Enter the amount of the check you are depositing
- Take a photo of the front and back of the check with your phone’s camera
After submitting the check, simply wait a couple of moments until the app establishes that the check submission was successful. Plus, make sure to keep the original paper check somewhere safe, just in case.
How to Pay Bills With Cash App
If you’re interested in paying bills using your Cash App balance, you’ll have to use your account and routing numbers:
- Tap the Banking tab on the Cash App home screen
- Select Deposits & Transfers
- Select Copy Account Details
- Provide the details while setting up bill pay
Difference Between Cash App and a Bank Account
Is there a difference between Cash App and a “normal” bank account? There is.
Cash App is an alternative to traditional bank accounts in that it’s a banking app that allows you to invest, pay, spend, send and control your money from within one app – Cash App while in the United States or the United Kingdom.
Although there’s still no way of directly depositing money to Cash App and Card via ATM, we showed you that there are other ways of depositing money to your Cash App.