- Venmo offers a debit card that can be added to Apple Wallet for easy transactions.
- Apple Wallet currently supports only the Venmo debit card, not the credit card.
- To add the Venmo card, open the Wallet app, click the plus sign, and enter the card details.
- Venmo debit card can be used for secure in-app purchases and at the Apple Store.
- If you don’t have a Venmo card, you can still use the app to make purchases via QR code.
The Type of Venmo Card You Can Add to Apple Wallet
I have found a lot of conflicting information online about adding Venmo to Apple Pay.
Most sites all say the same thing — Apple doesn’t support Venmo and won’t let you add the card to their digital wallet.
I reached out to Venmo support for help; it didn’t make any sense to me that Apple would stop you from adding a debit card to their service, regardless of where the card came from.
What people forgot, though, was that Venmo has two cards: a debit card and a credit card.
After speaking with representatives at Venmo, I can confirm via the screenshots I’ve included that, yes, you can add your Venmo debit card to Apple Pay.
Currently, Apple Pay doesn’t support the Venmo credit card for whatever reason, as confirmed by the Venmo representative I spoke with.
How to Add Venmo to Your Apple Wallet (Step-by-Step)
Most businesses, even gas stations, are able to accept contactless payments. If you left your Venmo card at home, no worries.
I’m a huge fan of digital wallets.
I use mine almost every day, and certainly use it over my physical cards whenever I have a chance.
If you have a debit card from Venmo and are looking for more ways to use your balance, let me show you how to add Venmo to your Apple Wallet.
Adding your Venmo card to your Apple Wallet is just as easy as adding any other debit card.
Venmo partnered with Mastercard to give their customers an easy time using their Venmo balance, or card, anywhere.
To add your Venmo card to your Apple Wallet, just follow these short steps:
- Get the Venmo debit card: This may seem obvious, but for those of you who didn’t pick up this point, you’ll want to actually get the Venmo card if you’re wanting to add it to your Apple Pay. You can’t just add the Venmo app to Apple Pay, or your Venmo profile, the only thing that will work is the actual Venmo card. The card is free and can be used anywhere you use Mastercard, so it is pretty useful.
- Open the Wallet app: Once you’ve gotten your Venmo debit card you’re halfway to linking it. Find the Wallet app on your phone and open it. You don’t need to download it, it comes pre-downloaded on every iPhone. If you’re having trouble finding it, you can type in “Wallet” in your iPhone’s search bar.
- Click the Plus: In the upper right hand corner of the Wallet app is a plus sign, used to add new debit and credit cards to Apple Pay as well as any passes or identification cards you might have.
- Click Debit or Credit Card: You can add both debit and credit cards to your Apple Wallet. The Venmo card counts as a debit card, so you’ll add it as one. Once the Venmo card is added to Apple Pay, you can use it to send money to your friends or make secure payments within apps as well.
- Scan Your Card (or Enter Details Manually): To enter your card information into the Apple Wallet, you have two options: you can either scan the front and back of your card, using your phone’s camera to pick up and automatically enter your card’s details, or you can enter them yourself. If you choose to enter the card numbers in yourself, make sure you did so correctly and double check your work. You’ll need the card’s number, the expiration date, and the CVC/security code on the back to get it fully connected.
- Use Your Card: Once your Venmo card has been added to Apple Pay, you can use it wherever contactless payments are accepted. You won’t need the physical copy of the Venmo card either, just the digital one that will always be saved on your phone.
Can You Use Venmo for Apple Store?
A lot of Venmo users are looking for more ways to use their Venmo card and their Venmo balance.
Once your card is added to your Apple Wallet, you’ll be able to use it to make secure purchases within apps, or at the app store.
To use Venmo to make your purchase through the Apple Store, all you have to do is follow the steps above to add the card to your Apple Wallet.
Once the card has been added you can use it at checkout. Just make sure Venmo is your selected method of payment.
How to Add Venmo to Apple Wallet Without the Card
Unfortunately, if you don’t have a Venmo card, there is no way to add it to your Apple Wallet.
The Apple Wallet exists to hold cards of all varieties, but only cards.
It can’t hold and share your Venmo profile’s data, so if you want to use Venmo on Apple Pay you’ll have to get a debit card.
Apple Pay and the Apple Wallet are only compatible with Venmo debit card.
The Venmo credit card isn’t supported by Apple as of the time of writing.
How to Pay With Venmo
If you’re using Venmo and want to pay for goods and services, you can.
Using Venmo to pay is easy, and it’s even easier if you’re using a Venmo card. If you don’t have a Venmo card, though, don’t worry, you’re not out of options.
Like I said, the easiest way to use Venmo to pay for things is to use the Venmo card.
Almost every retailer or vendor in America has some kind of card reader, and Venmo has partnered with Mastercard to make sure their customers can use their card just about anywhere.
You can either use the magnetic strip on the Venmo card and swipe it, use the chip functionally and insert it, or add the card to your digital wallet and pay contactlessly.
However you choose to use the Venmo card is up to you; each way is as good as the last.
You can also use the Venmo card to buy things online. Enter the debit card’s number, expiration date, and security code like you would any other card.
If you don’t have a Venmo card but are still looking to make some purchases through your favorite fintech app, you can.
Venmo gives their users a QR code to show to business owners to make their purchase all without a card.
To use the Venmo app to make a purchase, open the app. Click on Pay/Request at the bottom of your screen and click show to pay. Venmo will then display a QR code for you to show whoever you’re looking to give money.
Once they scan the code, their system will be connected to your account, allowing you to make your purchase all without using a card.
More Useful Articles About Venmo
- How to Get Money From Venmo Without Bank Account (Guide)
- 11 Simple Steps to Mobile Deposit a Check on Venmo
- Cash App to Venmo Transfers: Tips to Help You Do It Right
- Return Money or Cancel Payment on Venmo (Is It Possible?)
- How to Send Money from PayPal to Venmo
- How To Block Someone On Venmo (All You Need To Know)