Even though Cash App isn’t like your traditional banks, many of their users still want to be able to deposit cash into their accounts. Luckily, Cash App makes this easy by partnering with the popular convenience store 7-Eleven.
Cash App users can add money to their accounts at 7-Eleven using the Cash App itself: ask the 7-Eleven cashier to scan your Cash App barcode, tell them you want to deposit into your Cash App account and hand them the Cash to make a deposit.
Obviously, most Cash App users fund their accounts by receiving transfers from other users. If you do have some cash on you, though, and would rather put it into your Cash App account, it isn’t a very difficult process.
So, I drove to the 7-Eleven store to demonstrate it for you.
How to Add Money to Cash App Card at 7-Eleven by Having the Cashier Scan Your Barcode
One of the easiest ways to add money to your Cash App account and Cash Card is to head over to your local 7-Eleven and ask the cashier to scan your unique barcode.
Once the cashier has scanned the barcode, your Cash App account will be linked to their POS (point-of-sale) system, and they can accept cash from you as if you were making a normal deposit or purchase.
You can deposit any amount of money up to $1,000 per rolling 7 days and $4,000 per rolling 30 days, according to Cash App.
That means if you gave the 7-Eleven employee $500 in cash to deposit on a Thursday, you can only give them another $500 until the next Thursday.
I used the number 500 specifically too, as Cash App will only allow you to deposit up to $500 per deposit transaction. They require a minimum of $5 per deposit as well.
Keep in mind before you head into a 7-Eleven, they may ask for ID to deposit cash. This may be a 7-Eleven policy, but it is more likely a government regulation.
When I used to work for Chase Bank, we were only allowed to accept deposits from people who had their names on the account. Not only did you have to be on the account, but you had to prove it as well, meaning we needed ID verification to confirm your account ownership status.
7-Eleven may be no different, meaning even if you have a friend’s login information you may not be able to deposit cash into their Cash App account.
Cash App also makes it a point to say that while some 7-Eleven employees may ask you to swipe your Cash Card to begin a paper money deposit, Cash App themselves recommend that they scan your barcode.
If they are unsure of how to help you make your deposit, Cash App also recommends clicking on the “?” button on your map and pulling up deposit instructions.
Lastly, Cash App charges a $1 fee to process your paper money transaction.
This may be frustrating for traditional bank users who are used to depositing their paper money for free, but keep in mind Cash App doesn’t have their own physical locations like Chase Bank and may have to pay their paper money partners out to use their services.
Other fintech companies may also charge fees in the range of $3-$5 as well, so a $1 fee is advantageous in comparison.
Where is the Cash App Barcode to Load Money?
It’s easy to find your unique Cash App barcode to load money into your account; I’ll break it down into an easy to follow step-by-step process so you know exactly what you’re doing:
- Open Cash App: Find the Cash App on your phone and open it to begin. If you’ve enabled a password, enter it.
- Scroll down to “Paper Money” in the deposits section: Towards the bottom of the home screen is a section dedicated to making deposits on Cash App. The methods provided include direct deposits, recurring deposits, bank transfers, and paper money deposits. Click paper money.
- Enter in your legal first and last name: If you’ve never made a paper money deposit with Cash App, the app will ask you to enter your legal first and last name. Once you’ve entered them, click “next”.
- Enter your date of birth: Again, Cash App will take the steps to verify your identity before accepting paper money deposits from you. Enter in your date of birth and when you’re done click “next”.
- Enter the last four digits of your social security number: You don’t need your entire social security number, just the last four digits. Cash App secures your information using top of the line 256-bit encryption as well. Enter the last four digits in and hit “next”.
- Use Cash App to find an available deposit location near you: If you’re unsure of where you’re able to make your deposits, use Cash App to find the nearest location.
- Head to the location you’ve selected and show the cashier your barcode: You can pull up your barcode by clicking on the location you want to go to and clicking “show barcode”. Cash App paper money deposit barcodes are good for 15 minutes after generation, making each one unique and difficult to recreate. They’re also only good for one transaction, so you can’t screenshot it and save it for later.
Once you’ve found your location, shown the cashier your barcode, and made your deposit, your cash funds should appear in Cash App immediately.
Where Else Can I Add Money to Cash App if 7-Eleven is Closed?
Luckily, Cash App has partnered with a variety of locations around America to give their customers an easy time making paper money deposits into their accounts. Here is a list of all of Cash App’s current partners who accept paper money deposits:
- Walmart (Customer Service Desk/Money Centers)
- Duane Reade
- Family Dollar
- Kum & Go
- Rite Aid
- TravelCenters of America
- Dollar General
- Pilot Travel Centers
Where Can I Add Cash to my Cash App Card For Free?
Unfortunately, Cash App charges a $1 fee for everyone of their paper money deposits, no matter where you go.
More Useful Articles About Banking with Cash App
- 4 Ways to Put Money on Cash App Card (Gift Cards Don’t Work)
- Cash App Bank Name and Address (Direct Deposit Form)
- 4 Steps to Mobile Deposit a Paper Check on Cash App
- Can You Use Cash App Card at ATM (6 Things to Know)
- Cash App Payment Pending (Reasons & Solutions)
- 7 Quick and Easy Solutions to Fix Failed Cash App Transfers