Cash App, like any financial institution, keeps your history and personal information stored in their databases. Some users feel uncomfortable with this and want to know how to delete their Cash App history.
While you can’t delete your Cash App transaction history, you can delete your personal information from the app. If you open the app, head to support, and go to your account settings, you can reach out to support and let them know you’d like to delete your personal information.
Cash App, like other fintech companies, complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) to make sure their users have options when it comes to sharing their personal data. If you don’t want to share your information with Cash App, you don’t have to.
Customers in California specifically have different rights and options because of the CCPA. They have the right to access what personal information Cash App has of theirs and the right to delete it entirely.
Californian customers also have the right to opt out of the sale of the personal information from Cash App to others. Cash App claims that they don’t sell their customers’ information regardless.
If you use Cash App, but you’re not from California, you still have rights. If you want to access your personal information and see exactly what Cash App keeps, you can do so from a web browser by heading to Cash App’s website, Cash.app.
Once you see the data that Cash App has, you can elect to either let it be or delete it. Cash App does need to keep some of your personal information to maintain your account, things like your name and date of birth are required by regulators.
If you delete your personal information from Cash App’s database, you’ll also have to delete your Cash App account.
How to Delete Your Cash App History (Seven Steps)
If you don’t want your personal information on Cash App, you can delete it.
The process isn’t the easiest, but that isn’t surprising for a serious decision like deleting your history.
If you want to know how to get rid of your personal info from Cash App, let me break it down for you:
- Open Cash App: To delete your personal information from Cash App, start by heading to the app itself.
- Go to your profile: In the upper right hand corner of the home screen on Cash App is the profile section. If you have a profile picture, you’ll see it here. If not, you’ll see a gray, ghosted out silhouette. Click on it to move forward.
- Click Support: Towards the bottom of the profile screen is a button for Cash App support. I’ve contacted them a couple of times writing articles for topmobilebanks.com and they’re usually quick to respond and willing to try and help you with whatever issue you may have. They even have a fun text feature, where you can close the app while you wait for a customer service representative and they’ll send you a notification when they’re back! Click support to move forward and delete your Cash App history.
- Click Something Else: You can reach out to Cash App for just about anything, including lost debit cards, missing payments, or general account inquiries. If your request doesn’t fit into one of their pre-made slots, like when you want to delete your personal history, you can click on Something Else.
- Click on Account Settings: Within the Something Else page is a button that will allow you to talk to a support agent about your account settings. Click on it once you find it.
- Click Delete Your Personal Information: To delete your personal information from Cash App, you’ll want to click the button helpfully labeled “Delete Your Personal Information”.
- Click Contact Support: Before Cash App lets you delete all of your personal information from their databases and close your account, they’ll want to chat with you to make sure that you know what you’re doing and that you really do want to end your account with them. If you do, they’ll go ahead and close it out for you.
Once you’ve spoken with support, your account should be gone, along with your history and personal information with Cash App.
Can I Delete My Cash App Account and Make a New One?
Sometimes, a fresh restart is exactly what we need.
You could go through the trouble of deleting the individual people you don’t like from your Cash App account, or you could delete the whole thing and just start a new one.
If you delete your account, you can always make a new one using the same phone number or email address.
You won’t be able to access old transactions or your old history though, which may be a plus for some.
You can even use the same bank account you used to use to fund your Cash App account.
This makes it simple for anyone who just wants a restart and doesn’t necessarily need to make changes to their Cash App account.
Once you create a new account, everything will be refreshed. You won’t have any of your old contacts on Cash App, nor will you be able to see any old transactions. You’ll be starting the app all over again.
Can You See Someone Else’s Cash App History?
In apps like Venmo, you can see other people’s transaction histories. They have the option to make their accounts private, but each account initially starts as a public account.
Cash App isn’t like Venmo and doesn’t let users see each other’s histories.
The only time you can see someone else’s transaction history is when they have completed transactions with you. The same goes for other users and your history as well.
If you’re worried about your Cash App history and are thinking about deleting it, you might not have to.
Consider the fact that you are the only person who can see your history, so you’re not really running the risk of anyone seeing it.
How to Delete Someone From Cash App History
If you’ve done business with someone and you don’t want other people finding out, you may consider deleting them from your Cash App.
You can’t just delete them outright and act like the transactions never happened. You’ll have to block them.
If you block someone on Cash App, they won’t be able to send you payments or requests for payments anymore. They won’t be able to search for you in their search bar, but you may still be in their transaction histories.
Cash App isn’t like Instagram. You can’t just delete someone and make them go away forever.
If you transacted with someone, you affected their balance forever and vice versa. Cash App can’t just make up that payment of $20 they sent you. It wouldn’t make sense.
For this reason, they might still be in your transaction histories as well.
It’s likely that Cash App would only display their transaction as the date, dollar amount, and the fact that it was with a blocked user.
How to Hide Cash App History
Unfortunately, Cash App doesn’t allow you to hide your transactions.
Your transaction history is private to you though, so if you did business with someone and don’t want anyone knowing about it the only people that will know are you, the person you did business with, and Cash App.
You can delete the user from your contacts or favorites list within Cash App as well, but it doesn’t change the fact that you still transacted with them.
If you found this article to be useful for you, check out more of my work about Cash App:
- Can You Cancel a Cash App Payment? (All The Options)
- Don’t Fall for It: The Top 13 Cash App Scams
- How someone can hack your Cash App with your Name (Secure)
- Your Guide to Cash App Tracing and Privacy Concerns
- How to Change Cash App From Business to Personal
- 6 Most Probable Reasons why Cash App can Close your Account