Bank transfers and Easypaisa agent transfers are the most common ways to deposit money in your account. You can also use the latest Raast payment system, which is a country-wide payment system, to form a universal single payment platform in Pakistan.
Digital banking has transformed the way people do banking transactions in Pakistan. With the arrival of several mobile wallets and micro banks, more people are able to transfer their money online without going through the hassle of opening a bank account.
Technological advancements have enabled the vast underprivileged part of the country to save time and perform digital transactions from the comfort of their homes. One such mobile payment app is Easypaisa.
Here are five ways you can deposit money in your Easypaisa account.
1. Bank Transfer
One of the most common methods of depositing money in your Easypaisa account is via bank transfer. Bank transfers involve transferring money from your own bank account or another person’s bank account to your digital wallet.
Here is the step-by-step guide to depositing money via bank transfer:
- Open your bank account app and sign in.
- Click on pay anyone or pay via bank transfer on your app.
- Click on the other bank list and select Telenor Microfinance Bank / Easypaisa from the list.
- Enter your Easypaisa account number and proceed.
- Enter the amount your want to transfer to your wallet and click on send.
- You will receive confirmation of payment from your bank account’s app.
- The money has now been deposited in your Easypaisa account.
There is another method of transferring funds from your bank account to your Easypaisa app. To do this, link your bank account with your Easypaisa app. Follow these steps:
- Open your Easypaisa app and sign in.
- Click on the “Add Cash” button near your current balance sign.
- Click on “Link any bank account to add cash” and select your bank from the list of available banks. This list is exhaustive and does not include all the major banks operating in Pakistan.
- After you have clicked on your bank, select the amount you want to pull from your bank.
- Enter your account details and your phone number to proceed.
- Once the app fetches your data, it will ask you to verify the details.
- Follow the steps and link your bank account to your Easypaisa wallet.
Once you have done this, you won’t be required to re-link your bank account. You can easily pull funds from your bank account whenever you want without verifying again.
2. Easypaisa Agent/Cashpoint
One of the earliest methods of depositing money in your Easypaisa account is via an Easypaisa designated agent or Cashpoint. These are retailers registered with the Telenor microfinance bank and provide deposit and withdrawal services to Easypaisa customers.
To deposit money via Cashpoint, follow these steps:
- Open your Easypaisa app and sign in.
- Click on Cashpoints on the bottom layer of the app interface.
- You will be prompted to turn on your location.
- A map will show the available Cashpoints near you.
- Visit the nearest Cashpoint and provide them with your Easypaisa account number and the amount you want to deposit.
- The retailer will add the number to their system, and you will get a confirmation text on your registered mobile number about the successful transaction.
Cash deposits are free of charge, and the Cashpoint agent will not ask you for any transaction fee.
3. Wallet Transfer
Wallet transfer is a simple way to deposit funds to your Easypaisa app. This process involves transferring money from another mobile wallet to your Easypaisa account. The other wallet can be:
- Another Easypaisa account
- A JazzCash account
- Another digital wallet (Nayapay, Sadapay, Paypro, etc.)
4. Debit/Credit Cards
You can also deposit money to your Easypaisa account via debit and credit cards. Easypaisa is accessible via any 3D secure debit or credit card issued by any Pakistani bank. To deposit funds from your card, follow these steps:
- Open your Easypaisa app and sign in.
- Click on “Add Cash”
- Click on the “Link any debit/credit card to add cash” option.
- Type the amount you want to deposit in your account and click next.
- Select the bank of your card from the list of available banks.
- After accounting for taxes and fees, the app will show you the final transaction amount.
- Click next and carefully enter your card details on the next page.
- Ensure that your card is active and enabled for online transactions before linking it with your account.
- Click “Add Card,” and you will receive an OTP on your email or phone.
- Insert the OTP, and your card will be linked to your Easypaisa account.
You can link multiple cards with your account.
The government of Pakistan launched the Raast payment system earlier this year to accommodate the millions of Pakistanis that do not have access to banking channels. It is the country’s first instant payment system in a bid to shift the economy to a cashless future.
With Raast, people can now transfer, deposit, and withdraw funds quickly and without hefty fees. To use the Raast P2P system via your Easypaisa app, you need to first enable your Raast ID on your app.
- Open the Easypaisa app and sign in.
- Search and click the Raast payment on your app.
- Click on the Raast ID Management tab on your app and then click on “Activate My Raast ID.”
You can now instantly transfer funds quickly from one bank account to another without any transaction limits.
What Is Easypaisa?
Easypaisa was one of the earliest entrants into the Pakistani digital banking system. It started off as a simple money transfer service but has now expanded to include several financial services.
Easypaisa started off in 2009 by Telenor Pakistan along with Tameer bank, which was later renamed to Telenor Microfinance Bank after its acquisition by Telenor in 2017. The app was one of the pioneers of digital payment solutions in Pakistan.
It was initially launched solely as a money transfer service but was later expanded to include a variety of financial transactions, including:
- Utility bill payments
- Ticketing services
- Retail services
- Fee and Challans
- Online games
- Savings, among others
Easypaisa also provides digital payment services via QR code and is the only GSMA-certified mobile money service in the country. The selling point of the application in the Pakistani market is the branchless banking service that the brand provides.
This system allowed people from all the socioeconomic classes of Pakistan to carry out digital transactions without visiting a physical location.
The Easypaisa App
Easypaisa app provides a simple user interface that allows users to navigate through the app in either English or Urdu, depending on their preference.
When it was launched for the first time, I was one of the few people in my circle who wanted to try it out. Digital banking was still new in the country, and people had fears of privacy and theft regarding the unsafe banking system.
The app was generally straightforward, with simple money transfer services enabled. All you need to get started with the app is to create an account with your CNIC number and a phone number.
How Do I Withdraw Money From My Easypaisa Account?
There are several methods of withdrawing funds from your Easypaisa account.
You can use the Easypaisa debit card to withdraw funds from any ATM in the country.
You can also visit any Cashpoint or Easypaisa agent to withdraw funds from your account.
Another way is to transfer money into your conventional bank account and withdraw money from there.
What Are the Charges of Depositing Money in My Easypaisa Account?
There are no charges for depositing money in your Easypaisa account.
You can top up and transfer money into your wallet absolutely free of charge.
How to Transfer Money From Easypaisa to Your Bank Account?
- Open the app and sign in.
- Click on the Bank transfer tab and select your bank.
- Add your bank account details and click on next.
- Write down the amount you want to transfer from your Easypaisa account to your bank account and proceed.
- Click on “Send Now.” You should receive your money in your account.
How Can I See the Transaction History of My Easypaisa Account?
On the home page, click on the top-right corner where the initials of your name are visible. Select Transaction History from the list, and you can see all your past transactions. You can even download your e-statement from this page.
Easypaisa has made the lives of average Pakistanis easier with its branchless banking system. People use this app to easily buy tickets, pay utility bills, pay government fees, and conduct day-to-day business. The digital banking system also provides safety and security to their money and removes the hassle of carrying cash.
You can quickly deposit money in your Easypaisa account via bank transfer or by linking your debit or credit card. Cashpoints or Easypaisa agents are also a popular method of bank deposits, especially in the country’s rural areas.